Our mission is to provide all students, professors, and partners access to quality educational materials. Our goals are ambitious and we cannot do it alone. Here’s how you can help.
Have you adopted an OpenStax College textbook? Let us know! >
We could not have done this work without the generous support of our foundations, whose mission is to make education more accessible for all learners around the world.
We are proud to be sponsored by the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, 20 Million Minds Foundation, the Maxfield Foundation, and Rice University. If you are a foundation looking to join the ranks of these prestigious organizations, please consider supporting our effort. Contact Richard Baraniuk for more information.
Support OpenStax College!
Help to build and maintain the Stax
by making a donation!
Think it's cool that we give away millions of dollars of resources for free? Help us keep the project going by making a donation!
As an administrator of your school, increasing access for your students can make a big difference in their success. You can help by simply spreading the word about our mission and encouraging your instructors to consider our materials. Be a pilot school, or encourage your state to fund more free textbooks. As an institution with purchasing power, your influence can help your school and students at the same time.
We will work with you and our partners to make your institutional adoption process as smooth as possible, including working with your bookstore to supply one of our low-cost print options. Please contact us to discuss your institutional needs.
If you are an instructor, professor, or subject-matter expert, there are numerous ways you can support us.
- Contribute – We seek authors, reviewers, writers, and editors for all our materials. If you want to help us build the next set of books for core undergraduate disciplines, let us know or submit a proposal.
- Donate – If you have a book, materials that you wish to share with others, or ideas you’d like us to consider, please send them our way. If you can help us accelerate the development process, the world can have access just a bit faster.
- Pilot a Class – We are looking for pilot classes that would give us data on how the books are used. Consider piloting a chapter or a section.
- Share – Help other instructors make it easier to adopt our books. If you have a correlation or other materials that go well with our books, please share.
- Correct Errors - Whenever you find an error in one of our books, you can use the online errata tool to notify us of the error and propose corrections.
By donating your efforts, you will help us build more and better materials for the community. Click here to submit your proposals and ideas.
Students can have an enormous impact on our success! Help out the effort by letting your friends know they have a choice in textbooks. Blog about how OpenStax College has helped you and let us know about areas we can improve. Spread the word on Facebook and Twitter (or your favorite social networking outlet).
In order to keep the cost as minimal as possible, we are making the following requests:
- Review and use the materials online as much as possible. Only request print copies when absolutely necessary. If you do need a print copy, consider making a small donation to help offset print costs.
- Improve and share the materials. Our materials are developed for the community by the community. Therefore, we encourage you to adapt and improve the materials and share them with others.
- Help us build bridges. If you have created materials in your courses that can be used with our books, please share them. If you have partners you’d like to connect us with, please do. We want to make it easy for all to use our books.
- Spread the word. You are our sales force, so go to Facebook, Twitter, your department’s website, student study group sites, or even your congressperson’s office and tell the world about us!
If you are a publisher, supplemental provider, distributor, platform integrator, assessment company, or anyone who has products that can add value to our books, we want to hear from you! We need partners to create sustainable win-win business models with homework and assessment solutions; digital assets; adaptable, personalized, and customized learning solutions; or anything that can help students learn better and instructors do the best job they can. We are interested in working with partners who share our mission. Please contact David Harris to start the conversation.
Interested in helping OpenStax College in another way? We’d love to hear your thoughts.